Save the Date: LCIP National Conference (Saturday, May 13, 2023)
Save the Date Saturday, May 13, 2023
Labor and Community for an Independent Party (LCIP) is holding a national conference on Saturday, May 13, 2023 in-person and with online (remote) attendance options. Join us for the day, from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time, at Compton College in the City of Compton (Los Angeles area in Southern California) or via remote videoconferencing.
For Saturday, May 13, 2023, we have confirmed an amazing group of panelists/speakers. Our panelists will address issues and topics such as why US labor unions should get on board with LCIP in making a clean break from the Democratic and Republican Parties and in building an independent working-class political party, the urgency of addressing immigrant rights legislation in the US, and the importance and role of the Black liberation struggle in organizing an independent working-class political party. The conversation and networking will be off-the- chain. You don’t want to miss this!!
Confirmed Speakers/Panelists (titles and organizations listed for id purposes):
- Alan Benjamin* – Former Executive Board member, San Francisco Labor Council
- Diamonte Brown – President, Baltimore Teachers Union
- Esperanza Cuautle – Immigration Rights Advocate/Organizer
- Ron Kaminkow – General Secretary, Railway Workers United (RWU)
- Lisa Knox* – Immigration Attorney, Bay Area LCIP
- Jim Lafferty – Executive Director Emeritus, Los Angeles Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild
- Nnamdi Lumumba* – Co-Convenor, Ujima Peoples Progress Party (UPP)
- Jonathan Martin – Progressive Party Builders
- Khalid Raheem* – Chair, New Afrikan Independence Party (NAIP)
- Luis Angel Reyes Zavalza – Immigration Attorney, San Francisco
- Desiree Rojas – Chair, Sacramento Chapter of the Labor Council for Latin American Advancement (LCLAA)
- David Van Deusen – President, Vermont AFL-CIO
- Connie White* – Los Angeles LCIP
*member of the LCIP Continuations Committee
More speakers/panelists will be announced in the near future. You can join the pre-Conference conversation and keep updated here >>>>> LCIP Forging Equality. We will keep you updated with conference registration information, speakers/panelists, and the agenda as we get closer to Saturday, May 13, 2023.
In the meantime, please let us know by return email if you are:
(Please copy and Return Participation Coupon (below) via return email to: LCIP Email)
Going: ____ (In-Person____ or Online___) | Interested: ____ | Unable to Attend: _____