The Agricultural Jobs & Industry Stabilization Act, or AB 1544, is a California guest worker program — that is, a modern-day “Bracero” program. It is the wrong solution to a real problem. The author of the bill, Assemblymember V. Manuel Pérez (D-Coachella), correctly points to the many deficiencies of current federal immigration policy — notably, […]
Tag Archives: guest worker
January 22, 2012 in Immigrant Rights
Get Updates Via Email
- The Socialist Case for Nuclear Energy November 13, 2013
- EGIPTO: EL LEVANTAMIENTO DEL PUEBLO DESESTABILIZA EL “ORDEN” AMERICANO February 5, 2011
- Introducing A New Series on Organizing Experiences: The Labor Party Question August 13, 2012
- AGJOBS: MODERNO PROGRAMA BRACERO January 3, 2011
- Pena Nieto, Produced By Fraud; Respect the Will of the People! July 10, 2012
- Brazil’s Popular Referendum: A Massive “Yes” for a Sovereign Constituent Assembly! September 29, 2014
- Importantes diferencias de posicionamientos empiezan a desarrollarse en el movimiento sindical acerca del bombardeo y bloqueo a Gaza por Israel September 26, 2014
- Ukraine: From East to West, a Strong Rejection of the War in the Donbass Region September 26, 2014
- Defying the democrats: Marxists and the lost labor party of 1923 September 17, 2014
- Continued Inroads on Palestinian Lands by Israeli State September 12, 2014
- Dr. Frank Romano: Interfaith FREEDOM March/PALESTINE/ San Francisco ...
- mishu: I am interested to know why the residents of Gaza ...
- darren trotman: Usually Ӏ don't learn articlе on blogs, howeveг I...
- B. Ross Ashley: great article otherwise! Will repost to my Faceboo...
- B. Ross Ashley: "In the rest of Canada, student unions are bureauc...
AFL-CIO Algeria austerity black liberation Brazil capitalism ccsf chicago china Democrats education featured fourth international gaza haiti health care hugo chavez immigrant rights immigration imperialism israel labor labor party latin america Louisa Hanoune mexico obama OPN palestine party building racism russia socialism south africa st. louis teachers Trotskyism ukraine unemployment union unions US venezuela workers rights Zionism