The Agricultural Jobs & Industry Stabilization Act, or AB 1544, is a California guest worker program — that is, a modern-day “Bracero” program. It is the wrong solution to a real problem. The author of the bill, Assemblymember V. Manuel Pérez (D-Coachella), correctly points to the many deficiencies of current federal immigration policy — notably, […]
Tag Archives: bracero
January 22, 2012 in Immigrant Rights
Get Updates Via Email
- The Socialist Case for Nuclear Energy November 13, 2013
- EGIPTO: EL LEVANTAMIENTO DEL PUEBLO DESESTABILIZA EL “ORDEN” AMERICANO February 5, 2011
- Introducing A New Series on Organizing Experiences: The Labor Party Question August 13, 2012
- AGJOBS: MODERNO PROGRAMA BRACERO January 3, 2011
- Pena Nieto, Produced By Fraud; Respect the Will of the People! July 10, 2012
- ¿Qué significa la “normalización” de las relaciones diplomáticas entre los Estados Unidos y Cuba? April 18, 2015
- The Palestinian Revolution and the Jews April 17, 2015
- Call Issued by the Haitian Coordinating Committee for the Withdrawal of UN-MINUSTAH Troops from Haiti April 17, 2015
- SOUTH AFRICA/AZANIA: The General Secretary of COSATU “Excluded” From His Own Organization; Where Does This Crisis Stem From? April 16, 2015
- BRAZIL: COUNTERING THE PUTSCHISTS BY ACTING THE WAY THE WORKERS PARTY (PT) USED TO ACT April 15, 2015
- Lou D: This is one of the worst so-called "critiques" of ...
- Earl Gilman: There is no labor "movement" that's moving. There ...
- a.c.hall: calderon and now nieto are owned and financed by G...
- a.c.hall: in 1939/40 stalin seized eastern poland under the ...
- a.c.hall: I am totally shocked, I thought that Tsipras had s...
AFL-CIO Algeria austerity black liberation Brazil capitalism ccsf china education EU featured Ferguson fourth international gaza haiti health care hugo chavez immigrant rights immigration imperialism israel Killer Cops labor labor party latin america Louisa Hanoune mexico obama OPN palestine party building police brutality racism socialism south africa teachers Trotskyism ukraine unemployment union unions US venezuela workers rights Zionism