The Agricultural Jobs & Industry Stabilization Act, or AB 1544, is a California guest worker program — that is, a modern-day “Bracero” program. It is the wrong solution to a real problem. The author of the bill, Assemblymember V. Manuel Pérez (D-Coachella), correctly points to the many deficiencies of current federal immigration policy — notably, […]
Tag Archives: bracero
January 22, 2012 in Immigrant Rights
Get Updates Via Email
- The Socialist Case for Nuclear Energy November 13, 2013
- EGIPTO: EL LEVANTAMIENTO DEL PUEBLO DESESTABILIZA EL “ORDEN” AMERICANO February 5, 2011
- Introducing A New Series on Organizing Experiences: The Labor Party Question August 13, 2012
- AGJOBS: MODERNO PROGRAMA BRACERO January 3, 2011
- Pena Nieto, Produced By Fraud; Respect the Will of the People! July 10, 2012
- Important Fissures Develop in U.S. Labor Movement Over Israel’s Bombings and Blockade of Gaza September 1, 2014
- A HISTORIC BALANCE SHEET AND A CALL TO ACTION: Statement by the International Secretariat of the Fourth International on Palestine August 31, 2014
- Uprising of Black Youth in Aftermath of Police Killing in Ferguson, Missouri August 31, 2014
- Finding Labor’s Political Independence in Chicago August 15, 2014
- Police Murder in Ferguson, Missouri March on Ferguson Is Needed to Demand Justice! August 15, 2014
- Dr. Frank Romano: Interfaith FREEDOM March/PALESTINE/ San Francisco ...
- mishu: I am interested to know why the residents of Gaza ...
- darren trotman: Usually Ӏ don't learn articlе on blogs, howeveг I...
- B. Ross Ashley: great article otherwise! Will repost to my Faceboo...
- B. Ross Ashley: "In the rest of Canada, student unions are bureauc...
AFL-CIO Algeria austerity Brazil capitalism ccsf chicago china Democrats education featured feautured fourth international gaza haiti health care hugo chavez immigrant rights immigration imperialism israel labor labor party latin america Louisa Hanoune marxism mexico obama OPN palestine party building racism socialism south africa st. louis Strike teachers Trotskyism ukraine unemployment union unions US venezuela workers rights